Friday, March 23, 2012

Keepsakes - Recipes, Mementos, Miscellany

One of my favorite books at the moment would have to be Keepsakes by Frances Hansen...   

Keepsakes is a visual feast of recipes and nostalgia-filled pages created from unusual objects, such as handwritten song lyrics, discarded shopping lists, stamps, pieces of wall paper, sketches and other wonderful mementos.

I love Keepsakes from a nostalgic point of view (being a kiwi living in Australia) and always manage to find something inspiring on every page.... I'm not sure I'll use the recipes but I love how Frances has taken old collected items and created something new and vibrant.... This book has a wonderful texture and feels lovely to hold... there is room to add personal touches, and I already have a couple of my own keepsakes sitting between the pages...







Keepsakes was Published by Hardie Grant Books



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...