Monday, December 10, 2012

Ten Green Balloons - Started with a Thermos




Earlier in the year my Neice asked how I started Ten Green Balloons...
 and the answer was easy - It started with a Thermos!!!! 

 While Op Shopping in NZ - with my Neice in tow - I bought an old thermos for $1 because the pattern was fantastic and I thought it would make a great prop.....however rather than packing it, the thermos went into my sister's garage sale which my neice was quite dubious about - exclaiming"you won't sell that it doesn't even have a lid" and sure it was missing the cup but had the vital part of any good working thermos - its stopper - !!! 

Initially my neice was right it didn't sell in the Garage Sale and looked destined to become a prop until later that day a lady knocked on the door wanting to buy a thermos.... "I'm driving down South tomorrow and can't afford to buy coffee - my friend mentioned you might have a thermos for sale" Well when I sold it for $3 (cheaper than a takeaway coffee or 4) the expression on my Niece's face was priceless.... 

and Ten Green Balloons came to be...... 
and I still smile whenever I see a great old thermos for sale in an Op Shop....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...