Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Just Start

Since deciding to take Ten Green Balloons to the next level(and not quit)I've come across some extremely useful business resources… not necessarily traditional resources, but definitely relatable ones…

Abigail Ahern (my favourite designer / entrepreneur )has recently started a fabulous Biz Column filled with great advice. I guess because Abigail Ahern is someone I already admire (and have met) - I'm going to find her advice beneficial - however advice like  "JUST START" and DON'T WAIT FOR THE LIGHTBULB MOMENT" can be quite powerful...

SO JUST START
  

Looking back Ten Green Balloons started with a Thermos purchased for a dollar from an Op Shop in NZ... Rather than packing it (to bring back to Melbourne), the thermos went into my sister's garage sale… I can still remember my Neice saying "You won't sell that it doesn't even have a lid" and sure it was missing the cup but had the vital part of any good working thermos - its stopper - !!! 

Initially my neice was right it didn't sell in the Garage Sale and looked destined to go into my suitcase until later that day a lady knocked on the door wanting to buy a thermos.... "I'm driving down South tomorrow and can't afford to buy coffee - my friend mentioned you might have a thermos for sale" Well when I sold it for $3 (cheaper than a takeaway coffee) the expression on my Niece's face was priceless.... 

and Ten Green Balloons came to be...... 
 I've resisted collecting Vintage Thermos's - but still smile whenever I see a vintage thermos in an Op Shop, or at the Bazaar….

So I'm going to use that advice now, and START working on taking Ten Green Balloons to the next level - I'm not completely sure what that means yet and what the next level is but writing about it here on the blog is a START..

If you want to read Abigail Ahern's Biz column here is the link
Abigail Ahern's Biz Column 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...